It's been two weeks since we moved. We are settling in, but are no where close to being done with little projects. We are taking it day by day.
I was thinking this morning about the things I really liked about our last house. I loved the big porch and the brightness in the house. I hardly ever had to turn on lights. I loved the afternoon shade on our driveway because we could play all afternoon even in the summer time. I loved the trees we planted. I loved the plantation shutters we installed. GUESS WHAT? All of these things are here at our new house. We have a huge back porch, lots of bright windows, afternoon shade on the awesome driveway, lots of trees, and plantation shutters on some of the windows. I think God was just reminding me that if we seek HIM FIRST, he will take care of all of the little details. He loves me that much!
Here a few before pictures.
Living Room/Play Area
Master with the 3 reasons this process is going so slow.
Jensen in the duck pjs that the girls wore too. He is so close to walking.
Here is a list of things to do in the next few months:
- Paint main living area a gray/beige color maybe Revere Pewter or Pediment
- Paint shutters, front door, and garage door
- Finish hanging pictures and art
- Put a backing on the storage wall separating the play area and foyer
- Finish organizing the garage so we can park both cars inside
- Find a headboard for our new king size bed
- New bedding and curtains for master
- Hire a handyman to fix a few things from the inspection
- Get carpet cleaned and mop tile well
- Mulch beds
- Plant in beds
- Trim back trees along the fence
- Put up cabinets in laundry room area for better storage and organization
- Organize mudroom type area at the garage door