Pages

Tuesday, May 17, 2011

One Happy Momma

Dear BofA Benefits Department,

The past 12 weeks my husband has been on paternity leave and I have been a happy woman. We had our baby 4.5 weeks early via an emergency c-section, which meant that we had to suddenly adjust to having two children and I had to recover from surgery. Knowing that Jeremy would be with me for the next few months, gave me such peace in those first few days. I knew that I would have a partner to help me with this transition and during my recovery.

First of all, I am thankful to God that he has blessed me with a husband that desires to be with his family. He's a natural with kids, but he also knows and values the importance of a father's role in the everyday life of his children and their friends. Our partnership brings both of us so much joy and we feel like our children will benefit from seeing us work as a team.

Secondly, I am thankful that he works for an organization that values the family. We don't have any other friends that have paternity benefits like this and we don't take it for granted. It is wonderful that your employees have the freedom to leave the office without guilt or regret. By having 12 weeks to build our new family unit, Jeremy is able to go back to work knowing that the kids and I are well adjusted and in our new routine. Our children may not remember the details of their dad being at home during their first few months of life, but I have no doubt that they will always have a sense of security and love due to Jeremy being with us during this time.

Jeremy is a hard worker and brings his creativity, humor, and knowledge to your company daily. You're lucky to have him and he has been blessed to have a job that he enjoys. The benefits you offer encourage your employees to work hard and enable them to come to work refreshed and relaxed. I wish all families could have the unique experience of having both parents home full-time for the first few months of a new baby's life. It is a joy to celebrate the firsts for this new baby and support one another during a fairly difficult, but happy time.

Thank you for allowing us to be a family and enjoy our new life with less stress and more valuable time.

Sincerely,

Holly

1 comment:

  1. What a sweet tribute to a great guy!! So happy for u guys!!!

    ReplyDelete