Pages

Wednesday, February 23, 2011

35 weeks and trip to Triage

I had Jeremy take my 35 week picture in the hospital room, because I forgot to take one at home earlier and I was afraid this might be the last belly shot.

After a fun day of playing with Haven and friends, Jeremy and I ended up at Presbyterian last night. I started having contractions around 5pm and they were 8-10 minutes apart. The doctor told me the day before that they would try to stop contractions this week, so off we went to get a shot and prescription and get these things stopped. I had some pretty strong contractions at the hospital, but the medicine seemed to lessen those, but the medicine makes my pulse go up and makes me feel jittery. I had not dilated anymore, so they sent me home to rest. I have had some contractions all day today, but they haven't gotten more painful or too close together. So we are going to ride it out as long as we can. Hopefully, Jovie will stay put a few more days so she can continue to develop well. We are so thankful for doctors and medicine, but most of all for God's peace through all of this.

4 comments:

  1. Glad that everything is okay! Hang in there baby Jovie! I was 2-3 cm today at my appointment & have been having contractions sporadically...we will see!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww Holly hang in there! Tell Jovie she can't show up until we do her family tree :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, Holly! I will be praying for you guys! We can't wait to see Jovie, but hopefully you guys can hang tight for a little bit longer:)
    Keep us posted. If you need anything, let us know!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I didn't know, but will be praying for perfect peace and rest in Christ. I can tell you God has everything under control, which means you're in good hands. I'm so happy for your growing family!

    ReplyDelete