Pages

Thursday, March 11, 2010

Rewarder


Jeremy and I prayed for Haven every night as she was developing in the womb. We used a prayer guide called, "31 Christian Attributes to Pray for Our Children." A client gave it to me, so I have no idea where it orginated, but I will see if I can find out. Now that Haven is developing a wonderful personality that we can interact with daily, we decided we should start praying for her using these attributes again.

Last night, the attribute was "a spirit of assurance, a depth of faith." It made me think of the scripture Hebrews 11:6, "But without faith it is impossible to please him: for he that cometh to God must believe that he is, and that he is a rewarder of them that diligently seek him."

We pray that as Haven grows older, she finds God in our daily lives and really believes that he IS. But, believing that he is a rewarder is even deeper. Not only, does he reward us here on earth, but we have a heavenly reward. I think the heavenly reward is what drew me to Jesus as a small child, but the earthly rewards are what keep me in close communion with him. Jeremy has said many times that as a child he knew that obeying his parents would make life a lot easier for him. He didn't want to learn things the hard way. The same is true with our heavenly father. He wants us to seek him, so that he can reward us. Not that everything is always easy, but things are so much easier with him. Is seeking him and enjoying his rewards better than a few moments of earthly pleasure? You better believe it.

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful post! When Jake saw the picture he said "Bethany is a cowboy!" and then "No, Haven is a cowgirl!"

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for this. It's uplifting and so true!

    ReplyDelete