Pages

Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Owls

This post is edited for Show us where you live Friday at Kelly's Korner Blog.


I am not sure when I started thinking that owls were cute. Maybe it was after seeing the Carolina Raptor Center presentation a few years in a row with my school kiddos. I think it may have been at the Christmas show when Wendy bought their little cousin a cute owl stuffed animal. No, I am pretty sure listening to Jake say "whoo, whoo" at Festival in the Park while we were looking at the owls started this whole thing. He is such a sweet nephew by the way.

So, as I started working on Haven's nursery I knew I wanted a natural theme. That started with a very pretty limb I found in my backyard that I spray painted as a wall decoration. Then I knew I wanted to make her a family tree that she would have forever. I also wanted to paint a mural with woodland creatures. I used Michelle Prahler's art as an inspiration. She comes to Festival in the Park every year.. So, although there are very natural elements the color palette is a little more modern (Thanks to the small paint samples at True Value).

Everyday I love Haven's nursery even more than the day before. Her owl mobile from Almost Sunday Designs really finished the room. If we ever move it will be hard to leave this room. I may have to cut out the drywall and take it with me.


The big girl in her crib.





Haven loves watching her mobile. She smiles and coos at it.




The limb that started it all on the left and her family tree on the right.




Her pretty coral curtains, glider, flower lamp, high shelf for books and toys, and signature picture from our showers.




I loved painting this mural. The verse is Matthew 10:31. I also painted in peaceful words and her name, plus a few creatures.

16 comments:

  1. You should submit this to rate my space or something else on HGtv.

    ReplyDelete
  2. this is a really adorable room!! thanks for sharing your love of owls with me! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a very cool room! I love the non-traditional nursery colors and the owl theme. Your mobile is spectacular!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cute cute room!! I love the colors you used!! great job!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the colors. They are bright, but also classic looking. Too much fun!

    ReplyDelete
  6. i love the wall colors and those coral curtains!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Darling room! Gorgeous colors and creativity! Great job!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a great room! I love the mobile and tree. So fun!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Too cute! I think owls are fun as well. I guess that's why my blog is an owl theme. Great job with the room. I especially love the mobile.

    ReplyDelete
  10. What incrediable color choices, great room!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I like the colors, and I love the tree!

    ReplyDelete
  12. What an unusual color for a nursery, but I love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I just had to tell you...do you know what the crazy "language" was when I posted my first comment just now? "Nests." How great is that?!

    ReplyDelete
  14. oh I Love it!!! thanks for posting the link on my blog! I have become slightly obsessed with looking at different nursery designs. This is beautiful, you did such a great job!!!

    ReplyDelete