Pages

Sunday, February 1, 2009

Happy "O" Birthday, Baby Girl!

I haven't written my newsletter for HOPE for the home the past two months, so today is a great day to write.

Today is Haven's official due date (day 0) and although I knew it would be a great day I didn't expect it to be quite so emotional. She made it! When she was born she had no problems like so many of the babies we encountered in the NICU, but she was little. We were overwhelmed, but we trusted God. "I trust you, Lord," is something I repeated throughout my pregnancy and especially that first weekend in December.

Today is a praiseworthy day. My eyes are filled with tears because she is perfect. She's still a little furry and she is still learning how to do everything a newborn should do, but she is perfect.

Yesterday was a remarkable day. She swung in her swing for the first time. Early Saturday morning she flipped around in her crib. We have no idea how she did that. We went out for a ride as a family. Her eyes are bright and her lungs are working perfectly. Every day she has gotten louder and louder. When laying on her tummy she can turn her head from side to side.

Tomorrow will be a +1 day. She won't be "early" anymore. We will continue to adjust her age by two months for developmental milestones for 2 years, but tomorrow will be brighter. We can breath a little easier.

The future will be filled with many "I trust you, Lord" days. I can't even imagine how many thousands of times I will repeat that phrase: her first steps, her first day of school, her first overnight event. Thousands of opportunities to trust, but just the mention of His name calms fears, brings hope, and straightens our paths.


She is laying perpendicular to her swaddle.

3 comments:

  1. Yay Haven! She is just the cutest thing. She's going to moving around in no time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! She is so cute... I can't quit saying that! Happy O Day Haven. We sure have missed seeing you! We are waiting for our bodies to get well so we can see you again. Holly and Jeremy we do Praise Our Lord for the progress Haven has made, a miracle in progress. Love Meme/Lynne

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Holly! So glad to have found you! You have a precious baby girl! What a miricle! I will keep up with you through your blog! Haven is beautiful! Isn't being a mommy just awesome?!?!

    ReplyDelete